Please note that by registering your child you agree to follow the following code:
1. I will not force my child to participate in sports.
2. I will remember that children participate to have fun and that the game is for the youth, not the adults.
3. I will inform the coach of any physical disability or ailment that may affect the safety of my child or the safety of others.
4. I will learn the rules of the game and the policies of the league.
5. I (and my guests) will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials and spectators at every game, practice or other event.
6. I (and my guests) will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player, or parent such as booing and taunting; refusing to shake hands; or using profane language or gestures.
7. I will not encourage any behaviors or practices that would endanger the health and well being of the participants.
8. I will teach my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
9. I will demand that my child treat other players, coaches, officials and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, color, sex, or ability.
10. I will teach my child that doing one’s best is more important than winning, so my child will never fell defeated by the outcome of a game or his/her performance.
11. I will praise my child for competing fairly and trying hard, and make my child feel like a winner every time.
12. I will never ridicule or yell at my child or other participants for making a mistake or losing a competition.
13. I will emphasize skill development at practices and how they benefit my child over winning. I will also de-emphasize games and competition in the lower age groups.
14. I will promote the emotional and physical well being of the athletes ahead of any personal desire I may have for my child to win.
15. I will respect the officials and their authority during games and competitions and I will never question, discuss, or confront coaches at the practice or game field. I will take time to speak with coaches at an agreed upon time and place.
16. I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during games and practices, unless I am one of the official coaches of the team.